Wednesday 13 February 2008

Book : P.S. I Love You

I've caught some Valentine virus and end up reading this chic lit in between tasks.

Don't read this in public, you'll cry, laugh and chuckles many times all the way till the last page. As usual, my bad habit is that I can't stop reading until I finish the whole book, 500 pages? Not a problem. I've spent many many sleepless nights just to finish books that I was reading. Else, I can't focus on other things haha

I'm not good in doing book review like Dd but I enjoyed this book very much. This book made me realised how much I love my dear Hubby. Ayang, I LOVE YOU.

It tells a story about perfectly happy married couple, Holly & Gerry. She lost him to a brain tumor when he's only 30, without child. The shocks sent her spiralling and not aware of the world around her until she received a package of letters from him. The letters, only to be opened on the 1st of every months, instructed her to do things.

The best part & funniest is when her brother disclosed her night out partying on video doing Operations Gold Curtain, and the moment they ran scampers hiding under a blanket...go read lah very funny.

However, I was a bit dissappointed with the fact that the-hunk-that-I-thought-will-be-her-new-beau, Daniel went back to his x-flame which I think very Pari$-H1lton-like That's totally squashed my fantasy of how good is this Daniel guy, bar-owner, loving, hunky. Yucks

If there will be another book based on this than the writer better make sure to include the guy with the odd green eyes or I'll burn the book !!

Things that I treasure :
+ It's ok to cry your heart out and grieve
+ It's ok to let yourself silly once in a while
+ Family & friends are the best thing that you can have around during the blackest moment though some of them might be evil & bitchy.
+ Don't save your I Love You's till tomorrow, u'll never know
And many many more

While posting this, I feel like running to hubby.

No comments: