Friday 8 October 2010

Acara tepek dinding

It's no use to deny that I am very much like my abah, I inherited so much artsy fartsy side of him. At one point in my life (when I used pen more than keyboard) my handwriting was almost similar to him (he got a beautiful strokes, so WAS mine kahkahkah). Photography, books and anti-misalignment etc all are his trade that unconsciously showing in me, that's what my mom kept on telling me.

I was brought up in a house that was full of photo frames and oil painted arts which were painted by my abah. He even wrote (yes, as in writing on paper) a philosophy or nice quotes on the wall. Quotes such as 'Jangan jadi seperti lilin, membakar diri untuk menerangi orang lain, berilah sinarmu tapi jangan musnahkan dirimu'. It was written across our living wall. He painted bubbles, lines here and there. it's everywhere...our house was painted with glossy paint, never that boring dull paint.

So it came as no surprise when I started to visualise the same thing for my new house. I was thinking of doing it the 'manual' way coz at that time (few years ago), to get a wall decal, it will cost you arms and legs just for 1 design and only available online. The nearest shop that I can place my order is S'pore.

Luck is on my side, I don't have to worry anymore as there a tonnes of these stickers around :) Just decide you want the mahal one or cheapo type. Early this year, I bought my 1st sticker in Gaya Market KK for rm6/piece only to discover that it was selling at rm2/piece in pasar malam. I bought in bundles.

I wanted to change this family area into a play area, so I put the stickers on after that KK trip.


Last week I've added another design at the bottom, does it look too much, crowded ? or better then the 1st one ?

Next ? I'm going to order quotes as well, alang2 dah macam anak abah kan ? Complete package je lah kan ? Wall quotes that look something like this... with nicer font and personalize quotes

Or like this

8 comments:

idasm said...

zie, tambahan tu ok... xde nampak crowded. (my opinion lah.. )

yg quotes tu... may be tulisannya besar sgt kot...
ada contoh lain.. hehe...

Amir Syafiqah said...

Zie, aku penah order sticker cam ni dari internet , tak ingat pulak apa nama nya, tapi nice... dari Korea..

Amir Syafiqah said...

Zie, aku penah order sticker cam ni dari internet , tak ingat pulak apa nama nya, tapi nice... dari Korea..

Amir Syafiqah said...

Zie, aku penah order sticker cam ni dari internet , tak ingat pulak apa nama nya, tapi nice... dari Korea..

Amir Syafiqah said...

Zie, aku penah order sticker cam ni dari internet , tak ingat pulak apa nama nya, tapi nice... dari Korea..

Amir Syafiqah said...

Zie, aku penah order sticker cam ni dari internet , tak ingat pulak apa nama nya, tapi nice... dari Korea..

Tukang Campak said...

ok tq, hok aku nk lain, tp dok jupe dh gmbor dia pah mana. konsep dia supe hok ni ah

Tukang Campak said...

yusmi, aku ada tgk jgk kedai yg jual sticker dr korea, material sama mcm aku pkai ni tp mahal. Yg aku beli ni pn tulisan ala2 cina, ke korea ke jepun tah tp x t'pk lak nk tnya org tu. Nanti aku upload rupa sticker yg blom peel