Monday 10 September 2007

Wisana Redang - Revisit

Another trip to Pulau Redang before monsoon season starts. Same spot : Wisana Redang. We won’t be going anywhere else la kot since this place is so private. Everybody were treated & mingled like a family, not a bunch of guests. This time we hauled 8 adults and 5 kids and 1 baby on trip.

We had to board the ferry from Jeti Shahbandar in KT much to my misery because the Merang jetty is so close to my house and I so wanna try the nasik minyak mentioned in somebody else’s blog. Anyway, we left the house around 8.00am to catch the ferry scheduled at 10.30am. 1 hour journey from Setiu to KT supposedly left us with ample time to find a decent breakfast. But, KT is having festivals here and there and we have to ‘fight’ for what’s left on the menu to feed 14 tummies. Dah la kureng sedap..belasah jek...
Boarding the ferry from here seemed safer. We had to list down our details before boarding the ferry as big as the one in Langkawi. Very comfortable & safe for those with kids. It took 1hr 30mins to reach the main jetty in Redang. A transit boat carried us to our chalet. That’s when my camera decided to die on me. So, no pic for the whole day because electricity will only be provided 7pm – 7am. This is a no-frills chalet, lagipun memang takde sape yg duduk bilik during the day except to mandi & pray, water supply ada la, even my baby pun tido kat hammock…heaven.
2nd day started a bit early, we watched the sunrise and the water was about 5-6 metres from our chalet. I was a zombie because of the trips to the loo that I made throughout the night. Day before, I wallop a duku (more than a kilo I can assure) and had to pay the price, big time diarrhea that no Chi Kit pill (kincit?? hehe) or ENO can handle. Had to skip the snorkeling trip. Luckily, Hannah slept the moment they left for Marine Park until they came back. So I just sat on the stairs watching her sleeping in hammock while making my every-5-minutes-trip to jamban.
By evening I was exhausted to the point of shaking (not to mention the painful & over-worked b*ntot) and had to ask for help. Luckily my ever-willing sister was there and the kids were outsourced to her and their dotted babah. Another sleepless night for me.
They had a blast and the next day we had a delicious fried beehoon. Tengok je la while having my plain roti. Everybody including Hannah sambung operasi mandi manda while me still befriending the dump place.
On Sunday, we left the heavenly place around 12.30 and reached KT around 2.30pm. As usual, loaded up our trunk with keropok and bought some turtle eggs for hubby’s colleague.

Reached home before Maghrib and start working on the laundry and packing for journey back to KL.

Exhausted but 100% satisfied.
For more pix, visit my Fotopages
Tips: To avoid having diarrhea after excessive walloping of duku, make sure you bite the last seed. Mcm mkn durian and minum from the pangsa to avoid panas badan.