Wednesday 11 November 2009

Reno : The MESS has started..

We’re hacking walls, floors and doors to turn it into our little hut.

The actual work started last Monday, 2nd Nov 2009, which is also my 1st day in the new dept. Wrong timing I would say, coz I got distracted by so many things, be it the deco, the wiring, the lights & fan points. Add my cerewet-ness + kedekut-ness, one BIG HEADACHE.

We had our 1st visit on the 3rd day…guess what…they’re almost done with the hacking which I think quite extensive. Well done well done



My kitchen is now wall-less, gonna be extended right to the last inch. But I’m not converting my entire backyard into kitchen coz I dowan to include the stinky manhole as part of my kitchen accessory hehe



Another wall hacked to have that spacious feeling, feeling only maaa..umahnya kecik gak hehe. The opposite will be bibik’s room and the storeroom would be the last space to be looked into.



The kid’s room, the doors was not aligned. Look at the floor, u’ll know the position of the original door. Considering that their rooms are not spacious, I asked the contractor to build a sliding door for both rooms. Swing door takes more space. Slide & align. So very anak en. jusoh



Their naco-type windows changed to alu-frame panel window, so boleh kuak kasik mmasuk angin dan nyamuk.



View from Adan’s room, just to show type of grille that I want to install. Just a bit different, I’ll scan when I find one.


Another view from that window, see the manhole? My new kitchen will be up to that length only, the rest will be converted into a see-through-roofed-backyard enuff for laundry & big work (bekwoh kato ore alik kelate J ). The existing sink from the kitchen will be installed on-top of the manhole.



The letter box & refuse chamber oso got hacked just becoz I want to get an extra 2-feet for my gate hehe.



Ini worang ah..suda balik bangladesh juga, tada mari lagi, suda *5 jari pusing* - sendiri imagine la cemana aku pun kepala putar2 jgk cakap hahaha




The water meter will be build inside the refuse chamber with a see-through-window. That boulder will be demolished.

I was away from home for 3 days (5-7 Nov) to play in my ‘ritual’ pingpong tournament. Still dragging my feet, Sunday morning went to Nilai to get tiles, wash-basin, timber door + accessories. Not to forget the lights and all. Suddenly, chandelier looks good which is sign that I’m not thinking straight. We gave-up and surrendered after being flashed by LED lights. Can’t proceed with fan-hunting coz we oredi had headache and twitching eyes. The shopping trip was guided by my contractor(s) & by the tukang, Abg Usop. TQ to all of ‘them’ who are willing to layan a very cerewet & rambang mata client. Damn, after looking at the tiles & its prices, I feel like fitting it all on my porch + backyard (ori plan patutnya plain concrete jek hehe).

We parked all stuffs in the new house since the worker is staying there. Lucky us coz we spotted them doing the perimeter walls ala prison when what we asked is make an air-hole about 4x20inch. Asked them to stop and we rushed to neighbor’s house to snap some pix and showed it to them. They’re good, immediate action taken.Clap! Clap! On Monday after office we rempit and saw that it was done according to what we specified but they have yet to plaster, so I don’t know how big the air-hole would be. One of the worker went back to Bangladesh for good. Yes, we use Bangla so rasi sikit ngan tuan rumah yang ala2 jgk hahaha ampun Abang(la)..mak pun kata Ayang mcm depa. muah muah (kang x dapek baby fan)



2nd trip to Nilai is due soon, to pickup some tiles that we ordered (still looking for tiles mcm kat bwh, old style one coz the latest all came in bright color & clear mosaic. I want the kusam color & solid mosaic). Oso to get the timber door based on correct measurement as well as another trip to Nilai3 to ‘menilai’ adakah harus aku membeli baby fan yg sgt cute ini haha





6 comments:

idasm said...

wah bestnyer baca entri ni... nak lagi... zie.. mesti mu tengah semangat giler ni. siang malam mesti mindamu dok pikir pasal umoh aje kan... tahniah2... dok sabor aku nok tengok end result...

edrina said...

tak sabar aku nak tgk hasilnya ni :-)

tahniah sebab tak lama lagiks leh masuk umah sendiri :-)

Kopi Suam said...

yess zie rasailah gegarannya..aku pun tak sabar nak tgk hasilnya...

Tukang Campak said...

Ni xde mendeco2 nye lagi..sumer tukar for functional factor. Nanti klu sempat aku buat b4 & after...tgklah, hehe aku bukan rajin pon, btw edd, ko blom bagi aku masuk blog ko...super private kah ?

The Me said...

nanti siap wajib jemput org bdr puteri ok? ;)

PerantauSepi1306 said...

hehehehe... hehehehehe... hehehehehe... gelak evil sket bleh ;p